-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
I know all AIDS patients aren't gay! Did you not understand that I have several family members in the medical profession. I hear plenty of horror stories, let me tell you. Almost any opening in your body, even a cut or a tear duct, can be the receptor of the virus. It's not just limited to sexual contact.
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
Yes I know there are many ways you can get it, but anal-sex is the most sure way to get it from an infected person. That is one of the main reasons it is so prevalent in gays.
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I know there are many ways you can get it, but anal-sex is the most sure way to get it from an infected person. That is one of the main reasons it is so prevalent in gays. </div></div>
MMMMM......this is MUCH more info than I really needed. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I know there are many ways you can get it, but anal-sex is the most sure way to get it from an infected person. That is one of the main reasons it is so prevalent in gays. </div></div>
MMMMM......this is MUCH more info than I really needed. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>
Like we didnt already know how gays get their giggles lol [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I know there are many ways you can get it, but anal-sex is the most sure way to get it from an infected person. That is one of the main reasons it is so prevalent in gays. </div></div>
Bob, you surely know that one can't argue with such idiots.
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I know there are many ways you can get it, but anal-sex is the most sure way to get it from an infected person. That is one of the main reasons it is so prevalent in gays. </div></div>
Wow, just wow.
You never answered my question. Where were the first cases of AIDS, or GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency as it was orginally called) reported? Do some research into the culture of San Francisco and Los Angeles in the last 70s/early 80s.
Why you continue to use circular and faulty reasoning in an attempt to make some sort of sense is beyond me. It isn't surprising though, given your history of failure.
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
It is still unknown who actually brought it to North America, like I said in an earlier post the rumor got started in a book...hasnt been proven.
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is still unknown who actually brought it to North America, like I said in an earlier post the rumor got started in a book...hasnt been proven. </div></div>
What hasn't been proven? That the first cases of AIDS came from the gay community in California? That the HIV virus contaminated the blood supply in this country thanks to the careless homosexuals?
Don't stop now. Lay some truth on us.
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
To blame AIDS soley on homosexuals is rediculous and unfounded.
They contribute, sure,but they weren't the origin of it.
Many think it started in the 50s I believe in Africa by a scientist looking for a vaccine for polio. Regardless, they think it moved from there to Latin America then to America.
But at first, they did name it GRID. They renamed it because it was decided drug abusers who shot up and Hatians were also a very large cause of its spread.
So it wasn't just the homosexuals who polluted our blood, you can also accuse junkies and immigrants.
As for today, with the negative attitudes towards AIDS and homosexuality, I'm pretty sure gays are more careful than most of the people I know. Of all my friends now and even in high school, I can count on one finger those that used a condom regularly.
-
Re: Lipstick on a pig?
I don't know where you're getting your info, but here is what Wikipedia says:
A more controversial theory known as the OPV AIDS hypothesis suggests that the AIDS epidemic was inadvertently started in the late 1950s in the Belgian Congo by Hilary Koprowski's research into a poliomyelitis vaccine. According to scientific consensus, this scenario is not supported by the available evidence.
The CDC, in search of a name, and looking at the infected communities coined "the 4H disease,"? as it seemed to single out Haitians, homosexuals, hemophiliacs, and heroin users. However, after determining that AIDS was not isolated to the homosexual community, the term GRID became misleading and AIDS was introduced at a meeting in July 1982
A number of misconceptions have arisen surrounding HIV/AIDS. Three of the most common are that AIDS can spread through casual contact, that sexual intercourse with a virgin will cure AIDS, and that HIV can infect only homosexual men and drug users. Other misconceptions are that any act of anal intercourse between gay men can lead to AIDS infection, and that open discussion of homosexuality and HIV in schools will lead to increased rates of homosexuality and AIDS.
AIDS was first reported June 5, 1981, when the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a cluster of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (now still classified as PCP but known to be caused by Pneumocystis jirovecii) in five homosexual men in Los Angeles.
First reported: Gay men